Wow! More than a year, huh?
Well, this is awkward. Sorry I have written. I’ve been busy, you know, work, family…
Actually, just been lazy.
So what is new…
Down 50 pounds! Feeling great. I’ve been reading a lot about heart health. I’ve also been investigating concierge medicine.
Volleyball, volleyball and more volleyball.
And today’s amazing meal…
- Roasted Whole Chicken
- Bacon Pecan Brussel Sprouts
- Fresh Arugula, Cucumber, Blueberry Salad with Blackberry and Fig Dressing
- This one is simple… Arugula from farmer’s market, handful of blueberries, 1/2 small cucumber and a small amount of Bella’s Blackberry and Fig dressing
Roasted Whole Chicken
This is great for Sunday afternoons… can throw it in the oven and continue finishing up chores. Then you have load of protein for a few meals.
- Small whole chicken from Whole Foods. No idea the weight. It’s the small one. Step 4 on their scale of sustainability
- 16 oz. chicken broth. Pacific brand is what I use
- Sea Salt
- 1/4 white onion
- 2 celery stalks
- handful of baby carrots
- Heat oven to 425
- Rinse the bird and place, breast up, in roaster
- Add onion, celery and carrots into chicken and around the chicken
- Sprinkle salt, pepper, oregano, thyme – enough to cover the chicken
- Add chicken broth to the roaster
- Place in oven
I have no idea how much time in your oven… in mine, I cooked for 30 minutes, then covered, reduced to 400 degrees and cooked another 30 minutes
Bacon Pecan Brussel Sprouts
Found this recipe at PaleOMG.com
Differences I made:
- Used 1 pound of brussel sprouts (4 servings)
- Dumped half the bacon fat out, instead of leaving it in the skillet
- Added a small pat of Organic Valley Pasture Butter when I added the brussel sprouts to the skillet. It’s AWESOME BUTTER!!