Bought a new charcoal grill today. First effort: Bison Burger.
I enjoyed the flavor, for sure… but I’m a bit impatient. I think I’ll need to get a gas grill for the quick workday dinners and save the charcoal for cookouts!
Bison Burger (makes 3-4)
Get the coals fired up… and wait… 🙂
- 1 pound ground bison
- 1/2 a fresh jalapeno, finely chopped
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chile chipotle pepper
- Sprinkle garlic powder and black pepper
Once the coals are ready, place on the grill about 5-6 minutes a side
- Wash romaine lettuce leaves (one for each burger) and pat dry. I put mine back in the fridge to keep cold
- Cook a couple slices of bacon on the stovetop
- Thinly slice mango (like you would slice cheddar cheese) to top the burger
Greek Yogurt and Salsa Spread:
I’m not eating tomatoes, mayo, etc. , but I love Greek Yogurt and try it all sorts of ways.
- 2 tbsp organic salsa
- 1/4 c. greek yogurt
Mix above. Done.
Romaine + Bacon Slice + Burger + Mango Slices + Spread
Wrap it up and eat it 🙂