Today I tried a new dinner meal and dessert without any guidance. I was also prepared with some frozen leftovers if things went south.
The experiment: Chicken Pot Pie
It’s one of my favorite meals I remember Mom making. So here’s the story..
- I heated some Organic Chicken Broth and water – probably 1 1/2 cup broth to 1/2 cup water and a little salt and pepper.
- I added to that 10 small brussel sprouts (split in half), about 15 a baby carrots (big chunks) and 4 ounces of cooked chicken – shredded. I let that come to a boil
- While that was cooking, in a bowl, I mixed 1/4 cup of soft butter, 1 tsp. baking powder and 1 tsp salt, 1/2 cup of almond flour.
- After mixing that I added a couple egg whites
- And finally, because that seemed too thin, I added about 1/4 cup of Quinoa Flour. I think I added a bit more, bit by bit.
- I but that bowl in the fridge while the soup finished.
- In a small pyrex, I added the soup (I drained most of the juice out before adding to the dish)
- Finally, I spread the batter across the soup.
- Cooked for 20 minutes at 400 degrees.