Today I got a lot of housework done – part of the moving piece of the puzzle… I started weeding the flowerbeds, but it was a little chilly here. So moved on to laundry and resealing the slate floor. They look great.
I love college football. Not so much with the pro. Don’t know why… maybe if the Texans were in it.
So I set out making my plans for the week – for dinner and exercise.
Breakfast around 10:30 (a bit too much for breakfast this time, maybe 3 eggs next time)…
- 4 eggs, spinach, mushroom and cheese, little bit of garlic powder and salt/pepper
- 4 oz. Vokros greek yogurt (plain, non-fat) with fresh organic raspberry, blueberry and blackberry sauce, topped with almonds.
But that satisfied me until 7 pm. So I suppose that is good. Between breakfast and dinner was the housework and 20 minute walk with Scout – keeping HR between 55-75% (except a couple times we did a few sprints)
Dinner at 7pm – one of my favorite dishes to date, but I am still cooking the pork too long – drying it out. This time was not as bad as other times, but I’m still nervous about cooking that meat enough.
- 6 oz thin, center cut pork chop (boneless) from Whole Foods – about 3 pieces with mushrooms, onion and red & orange bell peppers. I got this recipe from PaleoPlan.com
- Collard Greens and Zucchini. 3 huge leaves cut into strips and 1 small zucchini – cut into rounds. Heated pan on high, added 2 tsp coconut oil. Sauteed onions and garlic, added collard greens and zucchini + salt/pepper to taste. Turned to medium heat and covered. Cooked about 30 minutes – turning a few times.
- Bacon-wrapped asparagus. YUUUUUUUUUUUUUM. And so easy. I thought the asparagus may dry out, but it was perfect. I liked it much more than stovetop cooking. This reciped comes from EverydayPaleo.
If I have dessert, will go back for the yogurt/fruit.